ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., April 8, 2020 — CNBC today announced the lineup of its third annual business of health care summit, “Healthy Returns,” which will take place on Tuesday, May 12th at 12:00pm ET.
This virtual three-hour event will convene the most innovative medical technologists, entrepreneurs, executives and investors from the biotech, pharma, and life sciences industries to discuss how the most innovative companies and leading experts are addressing the novel coronavirus crisis, as well as how they are looking forward at the lasting impacts on the health care industry. Led by CNBC anchors and reporters, “Healthy Returns” will detail the groundbreaking ideas that will help mitigate the global pandemic and ultimately transform the health care industry for years to come.
Event sponsors are Hospital for Special Surgery and Vanda Pharmaceuticals.
2020 “Healthy Returns” speakers will include, among many others:
· Stephane Bancel – Moderna, Chief Executive Officer
· Giovanni Caforio, M.D. – Bristol Myers Squibb, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
· Julie Gerberding, M.D. – Merck, Executive Vice President and Chief Patient Officer; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Former Director
· Scott Gottlieb, M.D. – Former Commissioner of U.S. Food and Administration
· Bill Maris – Section 32, Founder; Google Ventures, Founder
· Jessica Mega, M.D. – Verily, Co-Founder and Chief Medical and Scientific Officer
· Leonard Schleifer, M.D., Ph.D. – Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and President
· Eric Topol, M.D. – Scripps Research Translation Institute, Founder and Director; Bestselling Author
Topics of discussion will include: the race for a vaccine and effective treatments for COVID-19, the financial impacts and effects of coronavirus on legacy and upstart health care companies, health care policy—lessons learned and the path forward, and the increasingly crucial role of data and AI in health care, among others.
For additional details and to register to attend, visit:Read more on CNBC.com