CNBC Healthy Returns Summit FAQ
1. Why did CNBC decide to make Healthy Returns a virtual event?
CNBC’s top priority is the health and safety of all attendees. Subsequently, out of an abundance of caution, CNBC has decided host our Healthy Returns Summit in a digital format amid rising concerns over COVID-19 (the coronavirus).
2. What is the refund policy for CNBC’s Healthy Returns Summit?
Due to the unique circumstances surrounding our decision to go virtual with the 2020 CNBC Healthy Returns Summit, we are offering a full refund. Attendees will be issued a full refund without any processing fees. Please allow 3-5 business days for refunds to be processed.
3. Where can I sign up for the virtual event?
Everyone who had already registered for the event will be issued a full refund and registrations will be transferred to the virtual event.
4. I have already booked my hotel and flights for the conference in May.
CNBC is not responsible for reimbursing for hotels or flights. We do recommend reaching out to the hotel and/or airline directly to cancel reservations and request a refund.
5. What will happen to the panels that were scheduled for the CNBC Healthy Returns Summit?
The CNBC Healthy Returns Summit programming team is working to confirm programming for the virtual summit and ensure as many panels as possible remain intact.
6. For additional information or questions, please contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.