EAST TECH WEST 2022 TERMS
Business News (Asia) LLP doing business as CNBC Asia Pacific (“CNBC”) is organising East Tech West 2022, an annual invite-only technology retreat that is scheduled to take place from 13–14 December 2022 (the “Event”) at the LN Garden Hotel at No. 1, Dajiao Er Road, Nansha District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China (“Event Venue”). In consideration of CNBC permitting you to attend the Event, you accept and agree to comply with the following terms and conditions:
Business News (Asia) LLP（商号为CNBC亚太）（“CNBC”）正在组织2022年全球科技大会，这一年度科技盛会仅向受邀嘉宾开放，并拟于2022年12月13 – 14日在中国广东省广州市南沙区大角二路1号岭南花园酒店（“活动场地”）举行（“活动”）。作为CNBC允许您参与活动的前提，您接受并同意遵守下列条款与条件：
- You acknowledge and agree that CNBC, its affiliates, agents, contractors and/or representatives may film or photograph your attendance at the Event (the “Marketing Content”). You hereby grant to CNBC and its affiliates, agents, contractors and representatives a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, modify, transmit, broadcast, display, publish, communicate, exploit and issue publicity regarding the Marketing Content in any and all media (on both CNBC platforms and third party platforms, and for both editorial and commercial purposes) without liability or acknowledgement to you.
- You shall be solely liable for and assume all risk of: (i) loss of or damage to any property owned by you or otherwise in your possession or control during the Event; and (ii) personal or bodily injury to you during the Event.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, CNBC expressly excludes all representations, warranties and obligations arising out of or in connection with the Event. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall CNBC be liable to you, whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss or damage arising from or in connection with the Event. You hereby irrevocably, fully and unconditionally release CNBC, its employees, officers, affiliates, contractors, suppliers, customers, sponsors and licensees from and against any liability whatsoever (whether direct or indirect and whether arising in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or any otherwise) arising from or in connection with the Event.
- You shall comply with all applicable laws, health and safety codes, and directions of CNBC during the Event. This includes but is not limited to all applicable privacy laws, anti-corruption laws, health and safety laws, and CNBC’s and the Event Venue’s COVID-19 health and safety policies. You also confirm that your attendance at the Event complies with your organisation’s internal policies and guidelines.
- CNBC may terminate the Event or your participation at the Event by giving notice to you and without incurring any liability to you if: (a) CNBC has reason to believe that you may violate and/or may have violated these terms or any applicable laws or regulations, including the anti-corruption, anti-bribery, privacy and/or competition laws of any applicable jurisdiction; or (b) CNBC determines in its sole discretion that it is commercially impractical and/or poses a health or safety risk for you to attend the Event due to the spread of COVID-19 (or any strain or variant thereof), or any government or industry action or corporate policy in response to such spread (including travel restrictions or business closures).
- CNBC received your name, title and contact details (“your data”) from its existing business relationship with you, or a third party source to whom you granted consent to share your data with CNBC, or collected it from publicly available sources such as your company’s website. CNBC is using it for marketing purposes (that is, to notify you of our events), and for events administration. CNBC has a legitimate business interest in marketing its events. You acknowledge and agree that CNBC may disclose your data to NBCUniversal group companies or third party service providers that CNBC has engaged to assist with marketing and event activities, both within and outside China. In such cases, CNBC will require those entities to put in place measures to protect your data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. CNBC will hold your data for so long as is necessary to fulfil the above purposes. You consent to CNBC handling your data as described in this section and in accordance with the privacy notice at nbcuniversal.com/privacy. If you have any questions about the way CNBC handles your data, or if you would like CNBC to remove you from its marketing list, please contact Legal@CNBC.com.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of the People’s Republic of China (for the purposes of these terms, excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan).